Monday, December 1, 2008

L.A. Auto Show 2008, a New Automotive Era

Posted by Dave Terebessy

On November 19th the doors of the Los Angeles Convention Center will open for “press days” at the 102nd annual Los Angeles Auto Show. The public gets their turn starting Friday November 21st.

Our Honda booth at the Paris Motor Show. was impressive, but L.A. will be privy to some new, exciting stuff. I can’t give away any specifics, but I can tell you that the Insight Concept will be featured front and center, and there may be some surprises along the way.

This is my first auto show as a Honda employee so I’m really looking forward to it. The L.A. Auto Show is known for its emphasis on showcasing design and green technology, so I expect quite a few unveilings on the efficiency front this year. Los Angeles is big on hybrids and it’s a very prominent automotive market. And the entire industry is focused on efficiency these days.

I have a lot of work to do to get ready—our Honda press conference is tomorrow morning. Be sure to come back soon for all the latest news from the show.

No comments: